Following in the footsteps of Shanghai Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland have announced the temporary closure of the Tokyo-based park from 29th February 2020 until 15th March 2020 as a precautionary measure in light of the current coronavirus epidemy.
We wanted to remind our followers of the general advice to avoid catching and spreading viruses such as the coronavirus.
Because it is a new illness, we do not know exactly how coronavirus spreads from person to person. However similar viruses are spread in cough droplets.
There are things you can do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) if you cough or sneeze.
- Bin tissues immediately after use.
- Wash your hands regularly with warm water and soap, in particular after blowing your nose or coughing and sneezing. Use hand sanitiser gel if water and soap are not. available. Water and soap are recommended over hand sanitiser gel if both options are available to you.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and face unless you’ve just washed your hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are ill.
- Stay at home if you feel unwell, and if you are at DLP please do stay in your hotel room and seek medical advice.
- If you have flu-like symptoms and think you could have coronavirus, do not visit your GP, pharmacy or hospital but check the procedure set by the health department in your country of residence.