- Main character of the movie of the same name:Moana released in 2016
- 16 years old
- Lives on the island of Motunui in the Pacific Ocean
- She and her people worship the goddess Te Fiti
- Dreams of adventure through sailing
- Wants to restore the heart of Te Fiti
- Her friends are : Maui, Hei Hei (the rooster) and Pua (the little pig)
The film in detail
- Moana is one of the main characters in the film Moana, released on 23 November 2016 in the United States (30 November 2016 in France).
- It is the 137th animated feature film and the 56th animated Classic from Disney Studios.
- The film was produced by Walt Disney Pictures and Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- It was directed by John Musker and Ron Clements.
- The music was composed by Mark Mancina, Lin-Manuel Miranda and Opetaia Foa’i.
- Moana is a name that means “ocean”, “deep sea” or “great expanse of water” in most Polynesian languages, and is voiced by Hawaiian-American actress and singer Auli’i Cravalho in the original version.
Character in detail
- Moana wears her red-orange and beige outfit most of the time:
- a red-orange bra with Polynesian motifs and shells;
- and a beige Polynesian skirt with flowers ;
- and a petticoat with fringes.
- Moana is barefoot and wears a necklace featuring a blue stone, mounted on a brown wire and adorned with white beads. She has long, wavy brown hair, which she leaves loose most of the time. Sometimes she wears a crown of flowers in her hair.
- Moana is a pretty young girl who dreams of sailing the Pacific Ocean like her ancestors. She is enthusiastic and determined. Her body type and character are very different from the other Disney princesses.
- Her friends are Maui the god, Hei Hei the rooster and Pua the little pet pig.
- She belongs to the Disney Princess franchise.
- She appears in the film Ralph’s Worlds 2 alongside all the other Disney princesses.