Ready for some Halloween cupcakes? You need this for 12 delicious cupcakes straight from the tomb
Tombstone Cupcakes (in Phantom Manor Style)
150 g sugar
1 pinch salt
160 g flour
40 g cocoa
0,5 tsp baking powder
0,25 tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200 ml buttermilk
150 g liquid butter
400 g cream
4 tsp cream stiffener
500 g curd cheese
50 g powdered sugar
5 tsp. cream stiffener
1 tsp vanilla extract
50 g chocolate chips
Decoration cupcakes (in Phantom Manor Style)
50g black fondant
some edible moss
Mix the sugar with the salt, flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, buttermilk and melted butter and stir the batter briefly. Using an ice cream scoop, portion the batter into the 12 muffin cups lined with paper cups. Bake the muffins in the preheated oven at 200°C O/U for about 5 minutes and then turn the oven down to 170°C O/U to bake the muffins for another 20 minutes. Take them out of the oven and let them cool completely afterwards.
Now cut out the inside of the muffins with a cookie cutter or cut it out with a knife so that the banana fits inside. Cut the bananas into pieces about 3-4 cm long and stick them into the muffin opening.
Crumble the remaining batter into a deep bowl.
Whip the cream with the cream stiffener until it’s stiff. Mix the quark with the powdered sugar, cream stiffener, vanilla extract and the chocolate shavings and gently fold in the cream or stir it in briefly.
Fill the cream into a piping bag with a large nozzle and pipe it as mounds onto the muffins. Smooth the cream and dip the muffins with the cream into the cake crumbs. Make sure that you can’t see the filling any more.
Take your fondant and cut out some tombstones. Put your tombstone on a toothpick and decorate your cupcake with some edible moss.
Black and purple Cupcakes
Take your favorite chocolate Muffin recipe (or a baking mixture) and bake 12 cupcakes. Let them cool. In between you can make your frosting.
- 1 cup (230 grams) unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 cups (360 grams) powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons (30 to 45 ml) heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Tiny pinch of salt
- black and purple food coloring
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl using a handheld mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix on low speed at first, then increase to medium speed and continue mixing for 1 to 2 minutes or until fully combined.
- Add the heavy cream (start with 2 tablespoons and add a little more if needed), vanilla extract, and salt and continue mixing on medium speed until everything is well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Now halve the frosting and divide it into 2 bowls. In one you add purple food coloring in the other black. Put the black colored frosting on the left side of your piping bag and the black one on the right side of your piping back. It should look like the picture.
- Use the frosting to pipe onto cupcakes refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
For the phantom manor look you can use these cupcake wrappers – print and cut them out and wrap them around your cupcakes.