Have you heard about all the news that has come out in the last few days? No ?! Our second issue will give you a little update on the situation. Let’s rewind and hop! The DLP Bugle – Rewind tells you everything!
Summary – 12 to 25 October 2021
- Disney parks timetable
- Magic news : The show must go on!
- What’s on the menu?
- You need them!
- Other park news
- Follow the construction site
- Disney Village news
- Focus on the fortnight
- Birthdays of the fortnight
- Movie or Disney+ releases of the fortnight
- News : Disney’s American parks celebrate Halloween
- Other news from Disney parks abroad
- ED92 Radio
Disney park timetable
Open from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Extra magic hours: 8:30 to 9:30
From 23 to 30 October, Disneyland Park will close at 9pm
On 31 October, the park will close at 7pm followed by the Halloween party until 2am.
Open from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
October 23 to October 30, Walt Disney Studios Park will close at 7 p.m.
On 31 October, the park will close at 9pm followed by the Halloween party until 2am.
Magic news : The show must go on!
We’re off to a great start, very great indeed: on 18 October, Disneyland Paris officially announced the return of its show offer!
- 23 October: The Lion King and the Rhythms of the Earth and The Snow Queen: A Musical Invitation return;
- 23 October to 7 November: new floats are planned for the Halloween season;
- 31 October: Halloween evening confirmed (programme right here);
- November 2, 4 and 9: Disney’s Magic Fires return to Disneyland Park;
- November 13 to January 9, 2022: Launch of the Christmas season with its new parade called “Mickey and his Sparkling Christmas Parade”. There will be a daytime and a night-time version. Each evening the parade will make a special stop to light up the majestic Christmas tree. This unique parade will consist of 5 extraordinary lighted floats, featuring Mickey and friends, the Disney Princesses and Father Christmas, accompanied by Tinkerbell. Each of the floats will represent typical Christmas scenes and decorations, flanked by the parade performers dressed in luminous costumes, also specially designed for the occasion. With light projections on the facades along the route, a truly dazzling show awaits visitors throughout this season at Disneyland Park!
- From 21 December: return of the Disney Illuminations night show (goodbye to the tarpaulins on the castle!);
- 10 January 2022: return of the Disney Stars on Parade.
The end of the year promises to be… spectacular! And with the 30th anniversary coming up in 5 months, this is just the beginning of the festivities!
Find all the news about the Christmas season here.
What’s on the menu?
The original Disneyland Paris buffets returned on 20 October for meals and breakfasts. This was a great opportunity to discover the Downtown Restaurant (located at Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel) for the very first time! For the moment, the characters are still absent from the restaurants, so please be patient ….
The Halloween season continues with its outpouring of treats to be found in the parks!
Two new desserts are served at the Silver Spur Steakhouse. Yee-Ha!
It will also soon be Christmas for your taste buds, with a brand new immersive restaurant offer from Disneyland Paris.
Visitors will be able to enjoy a wide variety of seasonal dishes such as turkey stuffed with chestnuts, Yule log, Minnie’s Christmas tartlet and many other delicacies in the run-up to the holidays.
You need them!
New collections have appeared in the park shops and there’s plenty to keep your head spinning!
More like Halloween?
More like Christmas?
Let’s say both, you’ll probably fall for it anyway 😉
Discover also the new Beauty and the Beast corner at the Emporium shop for the 30th anniversary of the film!
If you are unable to attend, you can send an e-mail to our partner at the following address
Complete your request with your contact details (name, telephone number, postal address), the list of items required and ideally photos of the items. Speed and quality service guaranteed!
Other park news
Other big news: Disneyland Paris is revolutionising its Accessibility and Disability Programme from 3 December.
Here are some measures that will change:
- The end of free accommodation for the accompanying person, who will no longer be compulsory;
- The strict alignment of the programme with French government standards;
- Increasing the number of accessible attractions through a review of priority and facilitated access conditions and evacuation procedures.
Until 2 December inclusive, the welcome policy and commercial conditions for visitors with disabilities remain unchanged.
To find out more, I suggest you read our Guide Sheet compiling all the information available to you here.
Little by little, the barriers and stickers of social distancing are being removed! This is one more step towards “normality”.
You can even count on a second step, the Single Riders lanes are usable again!
Our new ambassadors, Carmen and Quentin were able to test the new Halloween Magic Shots. They are in addition to those already present in the parks. Keep your eyes open!
Last weekend, Disneyland Paris invited 20 young people who brilliantly collected coins during the 2020 Yellow Coins campaign to highlight their efforts to help children and teenagers in hospital.
In order to extend its coverage on social networks, Disneyland Paris is launching on TikTok!
After the presentation, a few days ago, of the vision of Disneyland Paris 2025, Natacha Rafalski, the President of the destination, shared the vision of Val d’Europe in 2040 with the different actors of the development of the territory.
The Santa Fé Hotel has reopened its doors since 23 October. Take a “pitstop” on the mythical Route 66 before leaving!
A little less fun now (especially for those who experienced it), on October 10th, a strike by the staff of Disneyland Paris’ subcontracting company for the cleaning of the rooms at Disney’s Newport Bay Club caused some problems for many hotel guests.
Between the unavailable rooms and the interminable wait on the floor of the hall, the customers were the collateral victims of this crisis and unfortunately lived a nightmare in the land of magic…
Follow the construction site
But what is the status of the works and renovations in our beautiful destination?
In the main car park, work has started on the Infinity Annual Pass holders’ space.
The castle continues to unveil its magnificent renovations.
Fantasyland is also getting a facelift with the repainting of the walls of the It’s a Small World attraction and the new floor near Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups.
The swimming pool and fitness room at Disney’s Sequioa Lodge will be closed from mid-January until the summer to allow the renovation of the facades.
We are very curious about what is hidden behind the palisades of the future Avengers Campus… We can’t wait to discover this land soon!
Attractions in rehabilitation
- La Galerie de la Belle au Bois Dormant
- La Tanière du Dragon
- Le Galion des Pirates
- Rustler Roundup Shootin’ Gallery
Walt Disney Studios Park
- Quartier général des Avengers
During the month of November, some of your favourite attractions will be temporarily interrupted:
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Monday 15 to Friday 19 November inclusive.
- Starwars HyperSpace Mountain: from Monday 22 to Thursday 25 November inclusive.
- It’s a Small World: from Monday 29 November for an indefinite period for now.
Disney Village News
The Maison Francal shop in Disney Village is selling a special limited edition Stitch Halloween candle. You can also find it on the shop.
Work is underway on the bridge leading to Disney’s Newport Bay Club on the Disney Village side. To get there, you can walk across to the other side.
Mamma Mia ! The new menu of the restaurant Vapiano France has arrived, buon appetito!
Focus on the fortnight
It happened at “DLP”! Back to the top 3 photos of the fortnight that made the biggest impression on you.
All around Disney
Anniversaries of the fortnight
- 30 years: Sleeping Beauty’s castle was unveiled for the very first time in front of 2000 guests.
October 14th :
- 95 years: first Winnie The Pooh book – 1926
October 16th :
- Angela Lansbury 96th birthday- 1925
October 17th :
- Huey, Dewey and Louie 84th birthday (wouhouuu !) – 1937
October 18th :
- 54th anniversary of the feature film The Jungle Book– 1967
- 2 years of the movie Maleficent, the power of evil – 2019
October 19th : :
- John Favreau 55 th birthday – 1966
October 21th :
- A special thought for Carrie Fischer who would have been 65 years old – 1956
October 23th :
- 80 years of the feature film Dumbo – 1941
- 10 years since the first episode of the Once Upon a Time
Disney PArks Aroad
American Disney parks celebrate Halloween
From the West Coast to the East Coast, the Halloween season is well underway on the American continent.
At Disneyland in California, a new villain will appear during the Halloween Oogie Boogie Bash: discover a zombie version of Captain America! (Inspired by the series What If on Disney+).
New mouth-watering treats await you at Walt Disney World in Florida!
Other news from Disney parks around the world
The new Disney Genie+ app is available at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort.
Disney Genie+ Service is available for purchase for $15 per ticket per day at Walt Disney World Resort and $20 per ticket per day at Disneyland Resort.
It offers new services such as :
- Tour itineraries;
- Personal advice boards based on your favourites;
- Display of current AND projected wait times;
- Disney Parks themed audio experiences and photo features to capture your memories;
- Individual attraction selections (available for purchase);
And many more!
As with Disneyland Paris, these new services replace services such as FASTPASS, FastPass+ and Disney MaxPass.
You can find all the information about this service right here.
Walt Disney World – Floride | U.S.A. :
As Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebrations get into full swing, check out the latest additions to the Disney Park collection at ShopDisney.
Also at Walt Disney World, Cast Members were treated to an exclusive presentation hosted by Ambassadors Raevon Redding and Ali Manion, to talk to Debby Danois Browne who was the first Walt Disney World Ambassador in 1970 and started her career at the Walt Disney World Preview Center.
Here are the visuals of the medals that will be up for grabs during the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2022 in Florida. We hope to see the runs again soon at Disneyland Paris!
Disneyland Resort – Californie | U.S.A. :
Minnie and Mickey present their brand new winter outfit!
Five new Cast Members have joined the Circle D Ranch at the Disneyland Resort: welcome Dublin, Champ, Chip, Lily and Pumpkin!
This 5.5 acre ranch is used to house and train horses for the Disneyland Resort. The training process, from arrival at Circle D to its debut on Main Street in the United States, takes from six months to a year, depending on the horse in question.
Tokyo Disney Resort – Tokyo | Japon :
The Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights will be back in operation on 1 November.
Disney Cruises :
The Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy are sailing from Port Canaveral, Florida. Many animations, characters and surprises await the passengers during their stay on board these ships.
Disney Wish is also full of surprises! In addition to the areas and activities offered to young children, teenagers and young adults now have three dedicated areas: games, films, music, dance floor, etc. They won’t be bored!
You can’t go to the parks for the moment? And since you can’t teleport either, ED92 has thought of you! Enjoy the atmosphere of Disneyland Paris with the best songs of the park, its attractions and shows with the ED92 radio. Enjoy!
And so, our second meeting ends in music. But we won’t leave you in the lurch: don’t panic and save the date! We’ll be back for a third issue on 8 November. Go about your business and remember that if you missed the Disney news, check the DLP Bugle: when the trumpet sounds, the DLP Bugle will have told you everything!