n the month of Halloween, let’s continue our tour of the great villains that everyone knows. Darth Vader is a fictional character from Star Wars universe, who has appeared in several series and films.
Darth Vader – Bio express :
- Darth Vader also called in another time Anakin Skywalker.
- His lightsaber is red.
- Description: Darth Vader wears a heavy black armour, a helmet with a respirator (very loud) and a long black cape.
- First appearance in A New Hope in 1977.
- In the first trilogy, he played the main villain.
- Before being a Sith Lord, Darth Vader was a Jedi Knight.
- Right-hand man of Darth Sidious aka Emperor Palpatine.
- Raised on Tatooine by his mother, Shmi Skywalker, and recruited by the Jedi at an early age.
- Anakin was the secret husband of Senator Padmé Amidala with whom he had twins: Luke and Leia.
- Played by David Prowse in the first trilogy, then by Hayden Christensen.
Darth Vader is a character created by George Lucas who is mainly featured in the first two trilogies.
- In the beginning, young Anakin Skywalker is a slave who dreams of exploring the stars. He works as a mechanic for Watto, but also as a skilled pilot of racing modules. It is when young Anakin wins a race that he is able to leave his home planet to become a Jedi Knight.
- It is through the prequel that we discover the reasons and circumstances of his transformation into Darth Vader. In Attack of the Clones, Anakin briefly gives in to the dark side of the force by slaughtering the Tuskens who beat his mother to death. This massacre will be the triggering event that will seal his future.
- It is in Episode III Revenge of the Sith that Skywalker finally turns to the dark side of the force. Love and hate make Anakin the Sith Lord known to all.
- The first mission Palpatine gives Anakin is to destroy the Jedi Temple with all its occupants. The beginning of Order 66.
- Anakin turns against his former Jedi master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, accusing him of turning Padmé against him. An epic lightsaber battle is fought by the former friends. The master is still superior to the student, as Skywalker ends up in a river of molten lava.
- This is when Darth Vader is born and Anakin Skywalker dies. He then becomes the supreme commander of the Imperial army.
- In the Obi-Wan Kenobi series, Vader seeks revenge on his former master. At the end of the season, a lightsaber battle takes place between Kenobi and Vader. The Sith Lord has the upper hand at first but is eventually defeated a second time by his former mentor.
- Years later, Darth Vader kidnaps Princess Leia in order to recover the stolen Death Star plans and find the base of the rebel alliance.
- In Episode V, The Empire Strikes Back, Vader reveals to Luke that he is his father, with the very famous line “I am your father”.
- In Episode VI, Return of the Jedi, Vader’s son confronts Darth Sidious in a battle. Darth Vader initially defends his master, but cannot bear the pain his son feels. It is at this point that his old life as Anakin Skywalker comes back to him.
- Vader is mortally wounded by Palpatine during the fight. He then asks his son to remove his helmet so that he can see it with his own eyes before he dies.
- Luke places his father’s body on a pyre as per Jedi tradition.
- At the end of the film Return of the Jedi, his spirit appears alongside Master Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
More reading to make or re-make the Star Wars films with the timeline of the films and series.