If you’ve ever dreamed of meeting the princesses while enjoying fine dining, this is the place to be. L’Auberge de Cendrillon, at Disneyland Paris, is a sit-down restaurant where a selection of royal personalities come to meet visitors. For its reopening and for the occasion of the 30th anniversary of Disneyland Paris, the restaurant has a brand new menu that we have tested for you!
From the reservation to your table
First of all, it is essential to reserve your table before you come (and to reserve it very early) because many Guests have been refused access because of a very high attendance. Don’t hesitate to do it on the application or to contact the reservation service.
Once your arrival is confirmed, it is preferable to arrive a little early. Indeed, and this is the small drawback, the fact that there are many people often leads to some organizational problems in the management of tables. You have to calm your stomach and wait for a table to become available, sometimes standing up because the waiting room does not always have enough chairs. However, the waiting time is never excessive: 10/15 minutes at the most. By indicating your presence in advance, you will delay your installation even less.
At first glance, this introduction can be disappointing, even discouraging, especially for a restaurant that claims to be of a high standard. It is a pity, because the first impression can be biased.
L’Auberge de Cendrillon: an enchanting setting
To find this place, you need to enter the Fantasyland Kingdom, follow the scent of La Confiserie des 3 fées and take 10 giant steps. To the right, Cinderella‘s elegant carriage signals you that you are in the right place.
Paying homage to the animated classic, the restaurant consists of 5 rooms of varying sizes. The rooms are filled with details, including large tapestries and paintings depicting highlights from the film. Other decorative elements add to the elegant theme of the place:
- The columns are carved with the effigy of Cinderella‘s mouse friends.
- The mantel has a bas-relief with the carriage.
- The glass partitions are decorated with recognizable motifs, such as birds, the clock striking midnight and the pumpkin.
The setting is undoubtedly refined and acts as a true enchanted bubble during a field day at the park.
There is only one small problem. Because of the high number of guests and especially the incivility of the guests, the state of the toilets is deplorable. Papers on the floor and dirty toilets do not go well with the elegance of the place. Of course, Cinderella has royal duties now, but that’s no reason to let herself go.
Auberge de Cendrillon: The new menu
The menu presents a unique menu at 79 euros, it includes :
- the Royal cocktail;
- a cheese madeleine as an appetizer;
- an entrance;
- a dish;
- a dessert.
Please note that you will be asked at the reception if you are prone to allergies in order to propose alternatives.
To consult the menu or download it, click here!
The Royal cocktail is a fruit cocktail made with cranberry juice without alcohol. Served chilled, it is a real treat, especially in hot weather! However, it is very sweet and may not be suitable for everyone. It would have been wise to let you choose between 2 or 3 drinks. If you prefer to be tempted by more festive bubbles, the glass of champagne is 15 euros.
About the salted madeleine… well, it’s hard for me to be objective about it. If, like me, you don’t like cheese, it has a rather strong taste, so avoid it. For the others, don’t hesitate.
The entrance allows the choice between:
- Pumpkin Soup and Pumpkin Puree Flavoured with Ceps and Squash Seeds (Vegan).
- Warm scallops, cauliflower in a Creamy Lemon and Thyme sauce.
- Duck, Pear and Chestnut Pâté en Croûte with Fig and Meaux Mustard Chutney.
We tested all three proposals:
- The velouté and the purée are very good and fragrant. However, it is a rather heavy starter. Smaller stomachs will have trouble keeping up!
- The scallops are well cooked, although not very well done: they are greedy while remaining quite light, the al dente vegetables are succulent.
- The Pâté en croûte is a real nice surprise! I tend to find it a bit nauseating. But this one isn’t at all, it’s easy to devour. The pear and chestnut are sweet and light accompaniments.
The dish lets you choose between:
- Beef Casserole in a Red Wine Sauce, Glazed Carrots and Truffle Cream Sauce.
- Pan-Fried Turbot Fillet in a Champagne Sauce, Braised Leeks and Asparagus
- Roasted Supreme of Chicken, Morel Sauce and Glazed Carrots.
- Pea and Herb Finger, Piquillo Pepper Coulis and Vegetable Crisps (Vegan).
Once again, we tasted everything:
- The beef fondant (it is beef cheek) lives up to its name: it is tasty and literally melts in your mouth. The glazed carrots are very good and go wonderfully well with the truffle cream.
- The golden turbot fillet is good, although a little overcooked. The champagne sauce is a treat!
- The roasted supreme of chicken, a little pink on some pieces, is pretty good. But the real plus is the delicious morel sauce.
- The pea and herb finger is both delicious and light, perfect for a summer dish.
The dessert leaves the choice between:
- Cinderella’s dessert: a mascarpone cream flavored with clementine on a crunchy cookie.
- Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Morello Cherries, Soya and Cherry Emulsion (Vegan).
- Seasonal Fruit and Red Berries with Peppermint.
- Celebration Cake.
This time, no strike we only tested 3 desserts out of 4:
- Cinderella’s dessert: incredibly airy for a mascarpone cream. You feel like you’re tasting a cloud.
- Chocolate Lava Cake: a real fondant at the right temperature, the morello cherries and the emulsion bring the touch of acidity and freshness. The presentation of the dessert is however a bit “messy” compared to the other two.
- The Celebration Cake: a good dessert (when the strawberry insert is well thawed) but it can quickly become nauseating.
All in all, a good meal, in spite of some small points to be revised.
Auberge de Cendrillon: Service and characters
The Castmembers are, as usual, very friendly and helpful. As a bonus, we were able to take advantage of our waitress Amber’s wise advice in choosing our dishes.
Moreover, during this meal, we met some charming princesses whose photographs we were able to take. Indeed, Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora and Snow White, as well as the little Suzy and Perla, successively made their appearance, for our greatest happiness!
To conclude, the Auberge de Cendrillon is an elegant restaurant where you can eat well. Concerning the quality-price ratio: everything at Disney is more expensive, we know that. It is therefore certain that the high price of the menu is mainly due to the meeting with the characters. However, the dishes are, for the most part, worked both in terms of presentation and taste.
In addition, the restaurant really allows you to have a special moment with the characters. It’s an experience not to be missed if you’re a fan of sequins and tiaras!
|We like less
|The availability and kindness of the Cast members.
|The reception a little difficult due to the affluence.
|The food is good and quite fine.
|The dirty toilets.
|The enchanting setting.
|The lack of choice for the aperitif drink.
|The price is a bit high.
Global rating: 16/20
Discover also our review of Walt’s – An American Restaurant.