- Hawkeye, real name Clint Barton
- First appearance in September 1964
- First television appearance in 1960 in the animated series “The Marvel Super Heroes”
- Also sometimes uses the pseudonym Goliath or Ronin
- Master archer and marksman
- Member of the Avengers.
- Playing the character of the archer, Clint Barton is best known as Hawkeye. He has also been known as Goliath (when he grew up on a serum prepared by Hank Pym) or Ronin (when he switches from his bow to more traditional weapons, such as the nunchaku or shuriken).
In the MCU, Hawkeye is part of the Avengers and has always been played by Jeremy Renner. The actor is left-handed, just like the character of Hawkeye. That’s why he holds his bow with his right hand and shoots with his left (except in the movie “Thor”). In contrast, the original comic book character is right-handed.
- He has no super powers. He is simply a skilled archer and shooter with excellent vision. He trains a lot. He himself tells Spiderman that in a team of superheroes and a demi-God, he feels he must maintain his talent to stand out. He receives martial arts training from Captain America. As Goliath, his strength is increased tenfold by his size and he becomes formidable in hand-to-hand combat. When he becomes Ronin, he is a specialist in the handling of bladed weapons.
- The character of Hawkeye was created jointly by Stan Lee and cartoonist Don Heck.
- Originally, Clint Francis Barton is an orphan. He runs away from his orphanage and joins a circus where two men take charge of his training.
- He then meets Natasha Romanoff, Black Widow, a Russian spy and has an affair with her (she later follows Daredevil). After several fights against Iron Man, he invites Hawkeye to join the Avengers.
- He abandoned the persona of Hawkeye to act as Goliath following the murder of his brother, Barney. He married Barbara Morse, known as Mockingbird, and became the leader of the West Coast Avengers. Following his wife’s murder, he returns New York and rejoins the Avengers. During a Kree attack, he is killed in an explosion but his body is never found. Kate Bishop, another talented archer, takes over from Clint Barton as Hawkeye and even retains his alias as a tribute.
- In a crossover, Scarlet Witch alters reality. In the parallel world she creates, Hawkeye is still alive. But he is part of the resistance and is killed again by one of Scarlet Witch’s sons. Scarlet Witch alters reality again and Clint Barton is found alive but having lost his memory. He meets the New Avengers but decides to oppose them by taking on the personality of Ronin. He then becomes a spy for SHIELD.
He is particularly linked to Natasha Romanoff. He was once married. As a member of the Avengers, he has special ties to the Avengers, but Hawkeye is more of a loner. Related to members of the Avengers as well as the Fantastic Four and Wolverine.