Thanos is the main villain in Phase III of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, let’s discover his story and biography.
Thanos – Bio express :
Fictional character and super-villain from the Marvel universe.
- Thanos is a Titan, a descendant of the Eternal race.
- It is a character created by Jim Starlin.
- His first appearance was in 1973 in the comic book Iron Man where he was nicknamed the Mad Titan.
- He is the son of Alars and Suisan and has a brother Eros.
- He also has a comic book series featuring the Titan.
- In the films, he is looking for the infinity stones.
- Thanos has two daughters, Gamora and Nebula, whom we discover throughout the various films.
- His main enemies are the Avengers.
- Embodied in the cinema by Josh Brolin.
Thanos – In details :
In the comics :
- Thanos is a descendant of a branch of the Eternals race who left Earth to settle on Saturn’s moon (Titan).
- For the creation of the character of Thanos, Jim Starlin was inspired by Greek mythology and more precisely by the god of death Thanatos. Unlike his brother Eros, who bears the traits of the god of love.
- Thanos is easily recognisable because of his massive physique and skin colour. As soon as he was born, his mother tried to kill him because she believed he would bring death and destruction to their planet.
- His brother, Eros, will succeed his father and as a result Thanos is rejected by his own people. Thanos is banished from his home planet because of an experiment that has cost the lives of many of his own people. He will return to Titan full of hatred to destroy it, only his father and brother will escape.
- The character of Jim Starlin was presumed dead in the late 1970s. It was in the early 90s that the Titan was reborn from his ashes in the comic book The Silver Surfer. His ultimate goal is to take over the six infinity stones in order to eliminate half of the universe and restore balance.
- In the Thanos Quest comic books, the Mad Titan retrieves the Infinity Gems one by one. This is followed by The Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War and Infinity Crusade trilogy. Thanos gets his way and eclipses half the universe. Adam Warlock retrieves the gauntlet to restore the true balance.
In the movies :
- Thanos‘ first appearance in Avengers is in the post-generic scene. He is the main villain in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame.
- He has two daughters, Gamora and Nebula. The first is taken in during the massacre on her planet where the Titan decides to let her live. Nebula is also an adopted daughter of Thanos.
- When he realised that there were too many life forms in the universe, he set out to find the infinity stones.
- After many years of searching, he manages to get all the stones. He retrieves the last Infinity Stone from Vision (the Spirit Stone) during the battle in Wakanda. Then the “snap” happens and half the universe disappears.
- After this event, Thanos goes into seclusion in “the Garden” to destroy the gems. Thor then cuts off his head.
- The Titan returns a few years later from an alternate future with the same goal except this time Iron Man uses the infinity stones to kill him.