Avengers: Power the Night is the new nighttime show at Walt Disney Studios Park launched for the 30th Anniversary Grand Finale of Disneyland Paris. After Disney D-Light in 2022 at Disneyland Park, this is the second daily nighttime production using drone technology at Disneyland Paris.
- Name: Avengers: Power the Night
- Location: Production Courtyard at Walt Disney Studios Park in front of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Release date: January 28, 2023
- Closing date: May 8, 2023
- When: Every evening at the closing of Walt Disney Studios Park. Except on March 8, 15, 17 and 27 and April 22, 2023 (variable schedules to be consulted on the Disneyland Paris website or on the official App)
- Duration: 8 minutes
- Music: Music inspired by the original Marvel film scores. Re-orchestrated and recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London with a symphony orchestra of over 70 musicians
- Technologies used: Sound and light, video projections, drones, pyrotechnic effects and lasers
- Number of drones: 500
- Presence in another Disney park: Worldwide exclusivity at Disneyland Paris
After a day of heroic demonstrations at the Marvel Avengers Campus, the artificial intelligence F.R.I.D.A.Y. invites you to take part in a final training mission. Get ready for an epic moment with a host of superheroes in a show of strength that only they can provide.
Avengers: Power the Night experience
Once again, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror serves as the backdrop for this sound and light show dedicated entirely to the Marvel franchise. Mixing projections, pyrotechnics, lasers and drones, the spectators are successively transported into the different superhero universes.
Following F.R.I.D.A.Y.’s briefing, Doctor Strange, master of the mystic arts, opens the aerial ballet of drones revealing the full potential of his powers just before the Hulk comes to steal the show in an explosion of anger and pyrotechnic effects. This is followed by the appearance of American national hero Steve Rogers aka Captain America and his sky-launched shield. From the shield to Thor’s Mjöllnir there is only one step or rather a few hundred drones. The short-handled hammer blasts the surroundings of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. As for the mischievous Loki, he is never far away…
The Avengers’ performance continues in many forms, with Black Widow, Hawkeye, Guardians of the Galaxy, Wong, Falcon and Scarlet Witch all appearing. With her powers of telekinesis, telepathy and energy manipulation, Wanda Maximoff easily takes control of the drones in the skies over Walt Disney Studios Park. The next part of the film focuses on Wakanda, with Black Panther’s face lit up in blue in the darkness. Finally, we discover Vision, Ant-Man, Shang-Chi, Iron Man and Captain Marvel in turn.
As it is already time to conclude this heroic display, the Avengers theme music sounds. Like a call to arms, we find all the superheroes one by one. All are projected on the screen formed by The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror under the eye of the impressive Nick Fury. All that remains is for the Avengers logo to take to the sky to complete this incredible performance in a multitude of special effects. F.R.I.D.A.Y. thanks all the recruits who have come to attend the day’s training when suddenly Spider-Man has an ultimate surprise in store. It’s a fitting end for the flagship character of the Spider-Man W.E.B. Adventure attraction that opens in July 2022.
Nick Fury – “There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avenger Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles that we never could.”